Friday, February 17, 2012

favoite things

once upon a time...
i was simply walking around looking for things to match my 
cute "grown up" pillows and i saw these...
and i immediately fell in love
however, my budget did not like the price 
(that happens every single time i walk into and around Pier 1)
SO... i went to Hobby Lobby and found a lantern that was 50% off
i then headed to find some glass paint so i could paint the glass
only to find that glass paint is $5 a color, way to much for this budget
SO...i got some clear tacky glue instead (approx. $3) and headed home
i colored my tacky glue with food coloring and panted the glass panels in my lantern
all my hard work paid off and this was my FINAL PRODUCT...

i love my lantern... 
i put Christmas lights in my lantern instead of a candle and use it as a lamp. :)  
i also made my glass six different colors that matched my one "fun" pillow. 

so easy. so pretty. 
you should go make one.

2 comments:

  1. how did you get your paint to look like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. food coloring in my clear tacky glue. :) then i mixed the three colors until i got the ideal color!

    ReplyDelete